Ivor was born in 1913 in South Wales and during the depressions of the 1930’s came to Corsham to find work. He found this at Westinghouse Brake & Signal Company in Chippenham.
There he met Phylis who he married, they had a daughter and settled down in Corsham. Ivor became blind after a motorcycle accident on the Corsham to Melksham Rd. After much training at the school for the blind in Torquay, he started to make trays, stools etc from basket work, as in the picture below taken at his workshop in Corsham. Later he had a guide dog called Dollie, which he was trained with in Exeter.
In 1975 Monks Chapel was on the verge of closing down and in need of lots of repair work.Under Ivor’s leadership a group of people raised the money for the repairs and in 1980 the Chapel was rededicated. Ivor passed away in 1990, he is buried along with Phylis in the grounds of Monks Chapel.